View Single Post
07/13/20, 02:24 PM   #1
TagCdog
[Addon related] Logging out crashes to login screen vs character selection screen

Hi All,

TL;DR is that when logging out of a character, the game will freeze and eventually crash out to the login screen instead of taking me to the character selection screen. There is no error message or popup when this happens except a "Warning: Too many anchors processed" message in my interface.log.

I strongly believe that this is an addon related issue that occurs every once in a while (strangely the trend is directly after a patch/hotfix like today's 6.0.9), and persists until something is done about it.

I have found that my game's interface.log usually contains a warning message like this when this happens:
Code:
2020-07-13T09:43:06.954-08:00 |cff0000Gui Warning: Too many anchors processed. Tail of anchor list:
ZO_WorldMapFilters_GamepadMainPvPListScrollZO_GamepadWorldMapFilterCheckboxOptionTemplate7EnabledIcon->
ZO_WorldMapFilters_GamepadMainPvPListScrollZO_GamepadWorldMapFilterCheckboxOptionTemplate7OutlineIcon->
ZO_WorldMapFilters_GamepadMainPvPListScrollZO_GamepadWorldMapFilterCheckboxOptionTemplate8->
ZO_WorldMapFilters_GamepadMainPvPListScrollZO_GamepadWorldMapFilterCheckboxOptionTemplate8EnabledIcon->
ZO_WorldMapFilters_GamepadMainPvPListScrollZO_GamepadWorldMapFilterCheckboxOptionTemplate8OutlineIcon|r
2020-07-13T09:43:07.153-08:00 Load Screen - USER_INTERFACE Complete
In the past it listed an addon at the tail of the anchor list. The last time it happened I didn't need that addon anymore and deleted it which solved the problem. In this case it is a ZO function listed which I cannot delete.

If I disable all of my addons, this crash to the login screen does not happen and the interface.log does not contain a "Warning: Too many anchors processed" message when logging out.

What should my next steps be?

Thanks!

Edit: I am aware of the other posts that discuss anchors, suppressing errors, etc... There is no error here. It is a crash to my login screen with no errors and my main question is if something can be done about it on the addon front (other than uninstalling a bunch of addons)? I have submitted a /bug too!

Last edited by TagCdog : 07/13/20 at 02:32 PM.