View Single Post
07/28/20, 08:19 AM   #12
Sharlikran

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The basic theme of your original post was you clicked the reset button and now MM is not working. "Not working" is not informative and does not help anyone understand if you know how MM works or if you installed the mod properly.

Over the past few months I have observed strange user posts and they all say the mod doe not work. Some explain the error but the error simply can not happen. I asked users to provide me with their entire Addons folder to troubleshoot these outlandish errors. Three people responded. All I did before testing their issue was to reinstall the mods with Minion. With all the testing, I never reproduced their issue.

When I provide them with the folder to replace theirs, they say they no longer have the error. I did that to test things so I am not doing it anymore. It showed me that these errors are not because the mod has issues.

So when I say, "If it is not working then you need to install it properly" it is not a disrespectful comment toward you. It is to get you away from this thinking that the mod is broken and the author needs to update it, that possibly you need to reinstall it, or that because you clicked a button that now the mod is broken and does not work.

MM is the one mod that people complain about its performance the most. The complaint is that it does not obtain the information users want quickly. It makes users think it is not working. As far as I know ZOS has placed restrictions that make it take a very long time to complete what it needs. It is not the fault of the mod in any way.

After editing out the guild names, that is what you should see when verbose is set to 4. That means it is working and installed properly.

If you set verbose to 5 you will notice there is a message repeated that says something about retrieving guild information, and that it was on cooldown. This is what I mean when I say "as far as I know" ZOS has placed restrictions. Because the message appears so frequently that the mod is on cooldown, I feel the developers of ESO restrict this information because it is requested by users so often that it impacts the game server.

All you have to do is log in, set verbose to 4, make sure it is reporting that it is working by saying "Guild Name X minutes (%)" or "Guild Name X hours (%)" and if it is doing that then do not log off or switch chars. The amount of time to finish depends on the amount of sales. I did not write the mod but it would appear that if you log off before it finishes it will start over each time.

MM will take forever depending on the amount of sales in your 5 guilds. This means you could have to wait 1, 2, 5, or up to 10 hours for it to finish. This is not an exaggeration or an attempt to be disrespectful or humorous.

Baertram already suggested this but these are the combinations you could try.

Option 1: Tamriel Trade Centre and Arkadius' Trade Tools

Option 2: Tamriel Trade Centre and Master Merchant

Either of those two combinations will provide you with the information you need. Some people in the guilds I am in prefer ATT over MM because it has less features and therefore does not have such a performance impact on the users game. MM simply processes more information.

Last edited by Sharlikran : 07/28/20 at 08:33 AM.