View Single Post
07/26/20, 10:31 AM   #14
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Giving advice to start coding is like telling them to get lost.
I could simply not answer at all and give no advice.
I never said only "Do it your own", but I always said "no it is not possible because of" or "yes it would be, but you would need to...".
These were my words and always will be.

Check my answers, my one above (even if unrelated to IsaacsLaughing's question, which I already wrote above): It got an answer, instructions and help what you could do to solve your problem.
It's up to you then. I do not answer to say "get lost" at all! I answer to give an answer, and at least, show the players there might be a rason why it wasn't created before, even telling you the reason then.
Most of the time no one did something you requested before, because it is too much effort!
Some even started, giving my/others advice and help afterwards, and then stopped as they realized themselves it's too much work to handle (which we told them before).

You guys need to learn there isn't always something available and there won't be always someone doing it for you.
So either accept and do it your own, or do not accept and feel whatever you like to. It's simply the truth.
So why should one say you "maybe, come back in 2 years" if it simply won't happen :-)

if newbs cannot find addon they need, they will not develope it, they will just move along
At least I will not write disrespectively about users here...
And what's the difference between "moving along" because noone answered, and "moving along" because someone answered and provided another way to solve it?

You simply do not like the truth, that's all. You want to hear another answer and as you did not get it you strat to write some stuff like "this is how a helpfull answer looks like".
Simply face the truth and accept it, or "move along" as you said.

The other consequence would be that there will not be anyone answering anymore, as they do not want to get involved in such a non-sense discussion with someone like you.

Last edited by Baertram : 07/26/20 at 10:47 AM.