View Single Post
07/27/20, 09:03 AM   #17
Sharlikran

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by GhostwheelAI View Post
Usually I google stuff

I know, I asked for help in lua questions section and answers were helpful. People who are not interested in how everything works, how to make a game or plugin will always demand things done and will take work hours put to it for granted. It's just how world works. Telling them to start coding, I don't know...

Nevermind. I shouldn't have interfered in the discussion here.

Sorry for my English btw. I haven't spoken it for a while...
I do not feel your comments were unreasonable. It is not appropriate for mod authors to imply, "I don't care about your issue or request go away."

However, I feel most mod authors post comments that fit the context at that moment. For example if a user makes a polite request for a feature and the author does not agree it should be part of the mod there is no reason the author should feel they can't object to the feature.

Most posts I read when authors post "Then make a pull request" which as you mentioned means learn to write Lua yourself and then give me the code is because the user asked for a feature and the author is objecting to the request. I do not know if the context is always there but sometimes I do see the user respond to the author's objection with basically, "Why not?" When that happens then the author is going to be annoyed and I feel that is reasonable.

IsaacsLaughing has received an answer. He only has to edit one line and then the mod can be used. I don't feel the rest of the conversation pertains to the original post.

I have started a thread to go over my concerns that came up reading the interactions between users and authors in this thread.

Last edited by Sharlikran : 07/27/20 at 09:07 AM.