View Single Post
06/26/14, 02:14 PM   #3
GrfxGawd

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Elevated priority, not a placebo. This in fact works as intended.

UPDATE: 6/25/2014
For those who have been brave and downloaded my insignificant and tiny file to help get just a little more from your game, I imagine by now most of you have updated the game client and gotten a chance to log back into the server. My .bat file does not use the Zenimax API or the LUA. It works at the OS level, elevating priority and limiting core access so as not to choke the system. Having said that, I myself have lost 20fps, and no amount of tweaking or changing settings will get it back. I can't create what has been taken away in the code. I don't know exactly what may have been changed in the game client. All I know is that I've personally seen a significant performance hit, and there's nothing I can do to fix or mitigate the issue.

I of course will look into it and see if there is any path to help restore what's been lost, but my skills are limited.

To those who've claimed this achieves nothing more than a "placebo" effect, I quote directly;
Another solution for Windows users is to add the game to high priority:
Open the Task Manager while the game is running and locate the process running named "Eso.exe".
Perform a right-click on that process and set priority to " High" (please note that changing this while having other programs running might cause them to perform slower).
found at WHY DO I GET RANDOM 5-SECOND FREEZES? Updated 06/19/2014 11:35 AM - Published 04/19/2014 02:54 AM

I just discovered this today while posting to the Addons forums about all of the addons I use being broken, post patch. Note that Zenimax points out that doing as advised can slow other programs down. Those programs could include things like your video card drivers, sound card, and other important system resources - hence why my .bat limits the number of cores available to the game client.

I hope that my small contribution still helps to provide a better experience in game than you would otherwise achieve, assisting in making your time in Tamriel more enjoyable.