View Single Post
01/24/21, 12:02 PM   #14
marlonbrando
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Thanks for the info about the 10 seconds, and definately this is the same worries me (and others) had. APIs go nerfed already in the past because of some ppl abusing the functionality to get advanntages. Addons are not designed to onyl provide a benefit to some but to all. Either this guy should release it to public and risk getting into problems with it, or they should stop using it and especially stop getting an advantage compared to others. They risk that Zos will disable all addons in PVP areas, which imo would be okay, but I doubt all will feel like I do about it.
Yow. I would not like that. I use my other addons and a few others in PVP and would hate to have to forgo them. I'm sure there would be a huge outcry if they did that.

If ZoS wanted to nerf something they could just nerf the apis that could be abused like anything that accepts a string to update a guild function. They could also disallow map pings in PVP. That would cripple addons like Piece of Candy, RdK Group Tool, and Bandits User Interface ( think) but if it reduces lag in PVP then maybe it would be worth it.

Last edited by marlonbrando : 01/24/21 at 12:12 PM.