View Single Post
09/24/19, 06:51 AM   #10
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You are right and I did not try to blame anyone.
I tried to explain it and here is a link about why this is a bad way to load the libs (--Why libraries shouldn't be loaded from your addon's txt file--).
The libs can be inside the addons subfolder or main folder, but only if they contain their own txt file and are not loaded by the addon's txt file "hardcoded".

Yes, this changed in the past months as ZOs added new tags into the txt files liek ## IsLibrary and ## AddOnVersion.
So my phrase should have been:
Meanwhile the addon is using the libraries wrong :-)

If the documentation of the library is not up2date it either was forgotten or the dev got a reason.
I tried to contact a lot of them and updated the wikis to use the global variabls instead of the LiBStub calls (where available) and even asked to update the docs. But you know, documentation is always outdated.
But for lam2 it definately works pretty well (as for all other libs I know as well) if you just remove the lines hardcoded from your addon's txt file, add them to the ## DependsOn: or ## OptionalDependsOn: tag, and add the libraries with their own txt file instead.

There could be like 100 addons in your eso addons folder which do this but they all may work for now and one day they could break everything. Read the explanation at the link please and if you are interested in supporting this, you are free to join and update your addons. I'm npot forcing anyone, just trying to explain why it's a better solution to let the libraries load the stuff needed properly and make your addons just dependent on the libraries. You even ship them with your addon and you got less work as well as you can simply exchange the whole lib folder in the future without having to exchange single files and removing the txt file! So it's a win-win situation.

Last edited by Baertram : 09/24/19 at 07:00 AM.