View Single Post
06/17/14, 07:05 PM   #4
Sasky
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Garkin View Post
I'm not really sure how to link addon name and panelID. Is there a way to find out which addon has called library? If I just display controlPanelID, it could look like "_mainPanel" which is not too helpful.
I'd think the easiest would be to show by menu name, which is easy enough to capture.

This can help with control adjustments (size, color, enable/disable...). But the main issue for me is when someone adds custom control to the panel (Inventory Insight, Undiscovered) - a simple table doesn't work here. Creating a dummy window, so they can set parent or anchor to it could work. But it also means that number of created controls will doubled.
You could possibly re-use the same dummy window. When a new addon panel is created (or final event) you can just keep note of the window's child objects and move those over on panel initialization. The positioning code could get rather tricky to map, especially if you mostly kept it as an adapter.

By the way Harven is trying to do somethig like this addon, but for use with his HAS:
http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info5....html#comments
I'll have to take a look at it, though I have my reservations about a 2nd "unified" panel.

--------------

I did start work on a the delayed call and got it working pretty well in a Lua console test. Interesting bit of metatable usage.
Attached Files
File Type: lua promiseTest.lua (1.7 KB, 1187 views)