View Single Post
06/16/14, 09:05 PM   #2
Sasky
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I actually had that same sort of sorting code running to initially test some of LAM2 features, then toned it down to that release.

I'd suggest running a whitelist (instead of blacklist) and/or running something with its own menu so users can opt-in to an upgraded menu (and test themselves).

As well, why aren't you defining the blacklist/whitelist with the addon name/id as the key? Then you won't need to loop over the table to check.

-------------------------

There are several different levels of LAM usage I noticed:
1) Only use LAM-1.0 APIs to create windows and don't touch return values (except as passing into LAM functions)
This works with no issues.

2) Use LAM and the return values to adjust further.
This is trickier, but you could potentially register these calls and replay them later once the menu is created. It might be possible to do this in bulk with metatable programming (not entirely sure how the index table works with a function).

3) Get panel directly using ESO functions or directly modify LAM internal variables (lastAdded or whatever).
Even harder...

---------------

The one thing I'm not sure how you'd address is if addons define the panel immediately and not in any sort of initialization callbacks. That leaves it to the whim of the addon ordering.