View Single Post
07/05/14, 11:05 AM   #46
Xrystal
caritas omnia vincit

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It must be accessing it somehow as my gatherer addon is still able to access ALL data in the saved variables file. I've logged in twice since this all went gaga and gathered a total of 10 items ( my addon still reports 600+ nodes have been found in places I haven't visited since the early days ). Even though the old data is under @Account and the new data is under "". It may just bypass the account name totally and just use the AccountWide table name to access the data within it in both account blocks. The one thing I do notice is that it thinks all nodes are new nodes now even though I know I have gathered from there before. I suspect the difference is due to how the data is accessed.

edit: Yep, my history is accessed directly rather than using the saved variables functions.

Lua Code:
  1. for default,sv in pairs(XrysGatherer_SavedVariables) do
  2.             for account,accountv in pairs(sv) do
  3.                 for accountWide,acWideV in pairs(accountv) do
  4.                     for i,v in pairs(acWideV) do
  5.                         if i == "ItemData" then itemInfo = v end
  6.                         if i == "NodeData" then nodeInfo = v end
  7.                     end
  8.                 end
  9.             end
  10.         end

The downside that I see now is that it overwrites the newest "" data with the older "@..." data if it is later in the table or viceversa. I have literally put everything on hold with this addon until I see what they finally decide to do so that I can see what code I need to change.

Originally Posted by zgrssd View Post
Basically the problem is that GetDisplayName returns "" (empty string). So when trying to load/create the saved variables, the SavedVar system goes for the "" account entry in the SavedVar table.
It still keeps you old one around (just as if you logged in with a different account on same window user). It just cannot access it anymore because it does not look for the right account name in the table.

Unless we force it too:
http://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1904
At least as far as saved variables are concerned, this forces the proper Display name to be used. It is also designed to turn off the second the original GetDisplayName() starts working again. But it is still a pretty deep change on the client side so I have no idea what issues it might cause.
You still have to modify the saved var files. But it will make the transition back a lot smoother and gives you seperation by account name back now.

Last edited by Xrystal : 07/05/14 at 11:09 AM.