View Single Post
10/08/18, 02:03 PM   #1
jadestorm
Storing and sharing arbitrary text across characters

Hi folk!

I used to write some addons for Lotro and have a lot of fun with it -- and I have been getting that "write something" bug again. However, every single idea I've come up with, I've come across someone else that's done it already. No problem of course, glad to see someone has already done it!

So anyway -- my latest little scheme is --- back in Lotro (yeah i know I keep saying that) there was a way to write up a "bio" for your character. I used to love that -- I'd get my characters to a certain level and would make a point of writing up their story that got them here. There's a lot of great lore in the ES universe so I think it would work really well with ESO as well, but there's no where to type up such a thing, and no way to see others write-ups.

So I thought hey! Maybe I can write an addon that does that:
1. Save an arbitrary block of text to be your bio (with a little UI)
2. Have some indicator to the rest of the world that you have a bio that can be read
3. Right click on such a player and choose like Read Bio or something to see it

However, I'm not readily seeing a way to read an arbitrary "something" from another player (in this case block of text and/or a flag), share it from yourself, etc. From what I'm reading -- there's decent chance this is strictly forbidden, but I wanted to bounce it off y'all to get your thoughts. Doable? No way?

Thanks!