View Single Post
04/23/14, 01:16 PM   #9
Joviex

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
I'm not sure of what you're talking about and what it has to do with what Iyanga said.

Was I really unclear?

Originally Posted by Iyanga
I prefer the Linux approach - one tool for one purpose. I hate addons that try to achieve everything, because I can't easily replace the part I hate with a different addon.

Which I agreed, that modular approaches to coding is the better approach rather than a single top-down, old school, stick in everything and the kitchen sink approach.

My advocacy is for modular units.

I then said in this environment of hobbyists and non-hobbyists it would be a stress point to have everyone work like a typical development environment where people pull parts of code from branches (modules) being updated, so they could update said "code"/"modular pieces" in their code.

The short solution to that is to simply start making libraries since we dont all work in the same shared repository space.

The long term problem with that, who decides when a library is chock full of stuff that is overbearing?

I need a horse timer, but the library for horse stuff has 80+ other functions I wont/dont use.