View Single Post
09/07/15, 01:08 PM   #1
merlight
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
issues with GetJournalQuestRewardInfo - item quality

I wrote a little add-on that adds the list of quest rewards below tasks in quest journal, in the same way they're shown in the final dialogue with NPC (except tooltips don't work outside the dialog, but that's unrelated).

Quite often the item quality returned by GetJournalQuestRewardInfo is NORMAL, i.e. white, even though the item is supposed to be green or blue quality. Saw this happen with Craglorn quests, Main quest, side quests, doesn't matter. At first I thought it was a bug in the add-on, or that the item quality wasn't available outside the dialogue as well. But when I talk to the NPC, the item title and tooltip still show white quality.

Now the weirdest part -- it appears to be random. I have a few unfinished quests, and sometimes they show white reward, sometimes green/blue (if it's not white, it's the correct color). Right now I have unfinished Castle of the Worm and Long Lost Lore, they both show white rewards. Teleport to Cyrodiil, they're blue. Teleport back to Daggerfall, they're white.

Journal (add-on) in Cyrodiil

Journal (add-on) in Daggerfall

Talking to Valaste