View Single Post
05/24/21, 06:54 PM   #1
QuantumPie
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Proving ownership of an account on a 3rd party website

I'm in the process of fleshing out a site that allows players to see extended history of sales that occurred in-game using uploaded MM and ATT data. The inspiration came from a research project where I needed to create a (private) interactive dashboard to let attendants interact with the data themselves. Among the many visualizations I had, some relied on sales / statistics pertaining to specific players, which I created a unique identifier for to hide their names.

Among the many ideas I have for this, a features I've been considering is letting players consent to having their names shown, as opposed to being anonymous. If that were possible, it open the doors for functionality such as a leader board.

As of now, however, though there is no secure method I can think of to accomplish this which is automated. There is no way to sign into a site with your ESO account (which ofc makes sense when compared to sites like Steam or Github), and I couldn't find anything in the API that would give some sort of unique account ID to prove ownership. Before I make a post in the Wish List category, does anyone have any ingenious ideas of how to accomplish this?

The only instance I've seen this accomplished is with ESOLogs, where there is an in-game setting that allows players to have their @name show up in logs that other people make.