View Single Post
07/22/14, 07:02 AM   #16
Kraeius

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
Nope, didn't delete your comments. The only ones I deleted were a couple that were posted by the hacker. I do thank you for the reports though, helped me get on top of it fairly quickly.

There is a difference between specifically and directly making us aware of problems that are happening on the site versus random posts in a thread. The best way to let us know about problems on the site is the way esothomas did: he used the 'report' button that is at the bottom left of every post, comment and addon page on the site. The second best way is a PM to one of us. A post in a thread will eventually get noticed, but it may take a while since there are so many threads on so many sites.

As for removing the comments, I removed two - both of them by the hacker. I'm not about to apologize for cleaning up spam, and it certainly isn't an 'ego trip".
Thanking esothomas after telling him that he makes things worse seem a road change to me.

Also, my comment was deleted too and I'm pretty sure that it was not a spam.

Next time please, before telling people that they are making things worse, who has the intention to help community problems with pointing some events on a thread "that specifically about corresponding subject", approach with more manner. You may remind me or anyone else that we should be more discreet about reporting such things instead of telling them about keeping their mouths shut.