View Single Post
03/30/14, 03:29 AM   #1
Navanax
Templar Healing skills and Staff Choice

Hello,

During beta I played a Night-Blade and enjoyed it. But after looking at the Templar I have chosen that to be my main at launch. Sadly, not having experience playing it and a little confused on how specific skills work and have a few questions.

Centered around being PVP focused.
Just for a general idea I plan to go almost completely Skill/Magika based, Altmer, Heavy Armor. Using stamina for CC break, Immovable, and possible the 2h weapon stun Uppercut.

1st bar - Staff/Kiting DPS
2nd bar - 2h/Tank DPS

Basically open up and burst at range, then charge in an finish with melee, with a couple healing skills to help sustain. Sample Build - Will likely change : http://esohead.com/calculator/skills...Mi4b1847zzxLCe

Question 1: Reading through the Restoring Light skills, all of them besides Healing Ritual say that it heals "Nearby allies". Does this include yourself?

For instance the skill "Rushed Ceremony" a single target heal, if no allies are around can you use it on yourself, and if there is an ally around can you choose which of you receive the heal?

Question 2: Looking at the differences between using a Resto Staff and Destro Staff. Which would you consider better, I've read mixed reviews in the forums and wouldn't be using their skills for the most part, just passives.

Resto heavy attack with the passive for a self heal(if a nearby ally includes you) seems nice, along with the passive to do more damage based on your current health.

On the other side a Destro(Frost) staff with with the snare (tri-focus) would help control an enemy at range. Does this get applied with a basic heavy/light attack, or only by a skill?

Thanks in advance for your time, and feel free to give any build ideas/tips if you are experienced with Templar PVP.

Last edited by Navanax : 03/30/14 at 03:44 AM.