View Single Post
03/30/18, 06:41 PM   #2
ArtOfShred

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
For some reason the cast time value gets added onto the duration of the actual ground targeted aoe ID triggered by EVENT_EFFECT_CHANGED when this ability is used.

Technically the duration is 10 seconds with a 2 second cast time so it is *accurate.*

I believe the tooltip duration isn't really intended to be an API accurate method of tracking actual event effect duration, but rather a way to report to the player the duration of the effect. I believe Arrow Barrage and it's morphs do mention the 2 second cast time on the TT as well?

I find in practice its best to track actual effects once they go off - as some other factors are considered for many auras when triggered as well. Wall of Elements has a 6 sec duration but in practice the effect aura duration is around 6.6 seconds or so. Not sure if this is something to do with latency, animation delay, or something else but many effects work this way. Alot of effects also have a 0 duration but when applied have a ms duration equivalent to the travel time of the projectile hitting a target for example.

Last edited by ArtOfShred : 03/30/18 at 06:51 PM.