View Single Post
02/08/17, 04:34 PM   #8
Phinix

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Randactyl View Post
This is what led me down the corrupted object pool path:

With Inventory Grid View active, the first 12 to 13 item slots in the grid function as expected. 12 - 13 is the number of items that are normally visible in the default list view. The rest produce the "attempt to access a private function" error when trying to use/bank/etc. If you bank the 13th item, the previously 14th item (13th after the list is refreshed) becomes valid.

In my modified scroll update function I utilize the inventory slot object pool - inventorySlot.dataTypes[typeId].pool. Maybe the number of preallocated (and thus secure) objects here was reduced?

If that is the case, I'm not sure how to make the insecure slots actionable.
I think you are on to something here. I have been trying to narrow down the steps that lead this to occur and it seems a similar issue as you describe with Advanced Filters.

If I have an item deep in my bags, say slot 20, and I filter by armor, then by heavy, using advanced filters, and try to deposit that item in my bank, I get the error.

If I reload and scroll through my whole inventory to the item without filtering, no error. This has happened three times now though it is not 100% repeatable, so I can't say with 100% certainty it is the culprit.

However what you described does indeed seem like a prime candidate.