View Single Post
05/25/21, 07:26 AM   #6
QuantumPie
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Sharlikran View Post
Remove MM from your project. Not because I'm upset, or whatever. I'm not even saying that like I have some control over it. I will explain in a moment.

I do personally feel this isn't feasible and I am against this 100%. I don't even have any clue whether or not I'm correct. My take on this is it would show too many people which people are in which guilds and how much guilds make. The blind bidding could be effected because people will have an idea of what other guilds make. Now with that said I don't care if that does or doesn't happen or whether that will or won't happen. To me it isn't something to even discuss. This just should not be allowed by zos at all.

Never the less MM data will be 100000000% useless to you. I changed the format. MM doesn't save data anymore, and is only used to import old data. All the item link, account names, and guild names are integers. You would never be able to line up the data in a million years. The next iteration of what MM does, if I can get it to work, won't have any external data except for what it need that doesn't come from Libhistoire. I will use Libhistoire directly from memory.
Thanks for the heads up on the format change, I'll have to look into other alternatives. As for the privacy concerns, after looking at peoples reception to ESOLogs being released, I have a feeling a lot of individuals wouldn't be too thrilled even if the data was hidden behind an anonymous tag. Your concerns just makes that more clear. At this point I don't think I'll even store the information at all. My focus is probably going to shift to acting more like TTC but tracking sales as opposed to listings, and storing them for a much longer period of time.