View Single Post
04/16/14, 04:16 PM   #117
stjobe

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hello everyone,

I'm stjobe, and I've been coding since forever it seems at times; learned to code BASIC on a Sinclair ZX-80, and then Z80 assembler on a ZX-81 and ZX Spectrum way back in the dark ages of computers - the early 80's. I've been a Unix sysadmin, teacher (taught a two-year sysadmin class for five years, and many many other IT-related classes), and of course I'm a professional software developer (mainly in Perl, Java, C#, and X++, and mainly server-side code).

I've played online games since back in the MUD days but didn't get into the newfangled "they're just graphical MUDs" MMOs until vanilla WoW. After that though, it's been one MMO after the other (and often two or three at the same time). I did my first Lua coding for a long-forgotten WoW addon, did some more for a couple of addons for the now closed Warhammer Online, and finally I've ended up here.

I've always been a fan of the *UI sites, and it was a rather easy choice for me when deciding on where to host my first ESO addon, Stow It - Auto Sheather. That one was just an itch I needed to scratch - I'm sure you fellow devs know how nothing helps an itch like that but to scratch it

Anyway, glad to be here and hope to have fun with such an illustrious lot as you all!