View Single Post
09/20/18, 11:02 PM   #4
Cardinal05
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Thank you so much Chip!

The domain of the Use Cases would be the integration of Essential Housing Tools' multi-select tools with the new Parent-Child relationship system.

So, an existing User Story I have for Essential Housing Tools' "Connected Items" multi-select tool is:

As a User, when I multi-select items using the "Connected Items" mode, all items adjacent to the target item as well as any items adjacent to those items (recursive) are added to my current selection.

To extend this functionality, I would like to be able to add the following User Stories:

As a User, when I choose "Link these items," the first item of every group of 50 items in my current selection is automatically linked as a parent of the subsequent 49 items; each parent item is then linked to the previous parent item to create a linked list that joins the entire group of items as one manageable unit.

As a User, when I choose "Unlink these items," all parent items in my current selection are automatically unlinked from all of their associated child items.

Additionally, by having awareness of the existing parent-child relationships within Essential Housing Tools, I can then manipulate groups of linked items correctly by only adjusting the parent item (or parent items) in the group of selected items, relative to that item(s)' position within the entire group.

For example, if the User selects a group of 50 linked items consisting of 1 parent and 49 children, and then pitches the entire selection by 45 degrees, I can identify which item(s) are the parents, calculate their position relative to the entire group, and adjust its pitch in a manner that nets a 45 degree pitch of the group of items as a single unit (providing an intuitive, "when I pitch this group of items, the whole thing pitches as expected without worrying about which item(s) are the parents).

And without boring you anymore, I'll just add that this would be tremendously useful for the host of other functions that Essential Housing Tools can provide, such as arrangement of items, laying items out, constructing shapes from groups of items, animations and more.

Again, thank you for all that you do -- the community greatly appreciates it! <3