View Single Post
06/15/22, 07:36 AM   #6
Anceane

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I just did what i understood :

Or if you do not want to do this as you do not want to be an addon author: just provide the patched version files as a zip archive download link at the addon comments of the original addon so others can use it if they like to, and the dev can use and incorporate it later on as he gets back and sees it.

As i did not want to be in any way an author and just wanted to help someone, i thought that for the patch as writen above, the delay was not necessary but i guess i am stupid and with no common sense

Also you can have post on the the addon comment, that soon you will be the co-author, i would not have done it either.

But this is the first time and the last time i did this. As for the modifications i did i posted those clearly under your message. Though it was not necessary to quasi insult me. And you could simply have compared the patch and the actual version to find easily what i changed. But it seems you really wanted to get on me.

What i did was simply a copy/paste of the existing code modele done by the author. Of course i did the search to find the collectibles ID, as without that nothing would have worked.

Now, dont answer me. Its enough to be treated like this at 70.

Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
The 2 weeks are not mandatory but common sense.
But you are right, its better to wait for feedback of the dev as you never know if he/she implemented the same (and other features) already locally and just did not release it yet.

I did not check any licensensing at the addon files but assume there is none prohibiting patches?
As patches at the addon were enabled and the patch was uploaded with connection to the addon it is okay to upload it that way. Else the devs need to disable patches please.

But in total you should wait for feedback by the dev, or at least 2 weeks after writing them, Anceane

Last edited by Anceane : 06/15/22 at 08:32 AM.