View Single Post
02/05/15, 08:36 AM   #17
Ayantir

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hi,

Posted Screenshot is nice.

Get the "ESO Menus font" at the left is really cool. No borders as real options in eso. I think the user need to think he's not into an addon setting but in its game settings.

As circonian says, maybe add submenus in the panel available as an option. I find them actually ugly, but they're needed. A revamp of them into the settings section is also needed.

Also for panel section make an embedded colorization (like my code snip below) with ZO_HIGHLIGHT_TEXT:Colorize

Lua Code:
  1. local panelData = {
  2.         type = "panel",
  3.         ....
  4.         displayName = ZO_HIGHLIGHT_TEXT:Colorize("pChat"),
  5.         submenus = true,
  6.         width = 600
  7.     }

When you reset to default, a reloadUI is done when 1 option get a reloadUI in its code.
In fact I think the whole options are set back to defaut, without loooking if the actual option is maybe at the default value. It could be interesting to fix this.

A Wider panel is absolutly needed ! In French and German, it's really hard to put comprehensive labels. English get a majority of little words, other languages not.
PS : A better way would be to manually set this option in addons (in panel section!) with an option like in my code above. It will set the width of the right section of the options. (without the addon list). if under your min val, ignored, if its the max set it for all addons. Some addons really need a very long list.

Try to fix the \n problem in description!
Wrote a description, put some \n\n and put something under you'll see the bug.

A search window for options based on labels
Look at pChat, it's horrible to set an option , as I got tons of options inside this addon. think Wykkyds got same problem.

If it's possible, try to implement back the dual colorpicker button. But it was a puddy tweak. I don't really know if it will be interesting. It's a label and 2 colorpickers. it returns r1, b1, g1, r2, b2, g2 instead of r, g, b

An option or something for rebuild LAM !
In some of my addons, a part of the option table is build by code, not manually set. In fact a got a block per guild. and when user join/leave a guild, I rebuilt LAM. but if the user has already get a look into LAM before, it won't rebuilt. Please have a look.

Add invisible option.
If LAM got "disable" value, could you see if invisible is do-able ? the option will get a true/false value required, built by one of our function as disable work. When 1 option control 10 others, invisible could be nice. controlled by SetHidden and maybe a smooth option if it's possible

For other suggestion.. Categorys, It's really a trap. I got an adddon GuildNotificator, It notifys in "chat", "guildmates" connexions. Does this addon go in chat, guild, both ? Could an addon be in 1+ category?
If we add those, I really think we need to add categories only if a category is populated by 2+ addons. If user only got 1 guild, 1 chat, 1 pvp, and 1 craft addons, it won't be displayed. But if he get 2pvp per exemple, categorys could be displayed. And a little checkbox at the top of the addon list "regroup Addons per category"