Thread: Update 4.0
View Single Post
04/20/18, 11:06 AM   #10
Uesp
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by ZOS_ChipHilseberg View Post
The active skills were changed into single abilities with scaling behavior based on rank. This was to help with updating and maintaining these skills. I'll need to think about what it would mean to target specific ranks of these through APIs. I think it might mean adding rank parameters to a lot of the ability APIs. Which APIs are you using?
Yah, that's what I assumed was going on. It makes sense as it reduces the number of active skills you have to maintain by a factor x4.

As for adding the skill rank to API functions, it would be any of the GetAbility....() where the value might change between ranks. A few ones I can think of would include:
  • GetAbilityDescription()
  • GetAbilityCost()
  • GetAbilityDuration()
  • GetAbilityCastInfo()
  • GetAbilityRange()
  • GetAbilityRadius()

Unsure if those last few ever change for different ranks. At the very least the description which would let us mine the skill coefficients for all 4 ranks.

I would assume you were thinking of changing the API to something like:
Code:
GetAbilityDescription( *integer* abilityId, *integer:nilable* _rankIndex_)
Returns: *string* _description_
or you could do:
Code:
GetAbilityDescription( *integer* abilityId)
Returns: *string* _desc1_, *string:nilable* _desc2_, *string:nilable* _desc3_, *string:nilable* _desc4_
I assume that at the moment the GetAbilityDescription(abilityId) and similar functions return values for the current rank of the character correct?

Last edited by Uesp : 04/20/18 at 11:08 AM.