View Single Post
06/21/19, 09:50 AM   #1
Brevillance
Specific Achievement Tracking

Background:

I have some C#/C+, HTML and Java experience. I have slight knowledge in structure, XML, and how to read through/understand documents of code. I however have never messed with/used/read Lua, other than knowing it existed i hadn't ever looked into it. I have followed a few tutorials and have a basic understanding (kind of) but im not sure how to proceed.

Event:

I guess the start point is tracking the achievement itself, which is ID:1956

as i understand it, i need to use EVENT_HANDLER to handle the event itself. I believe i need to write a function it would need to call (maybe checking progress gained?). The goal is to have a bar readout current amount out of max. I looked through Wykkd's stuff and an out of date tracker but it covers far more stuff than i need to cover (as its only covering one achievement). Im completely new to LUA and im struggling to figure it out.

I dont want to have you guys write it out for me, but if you do, a solid explanation of what/why and how it works would be much help, im a bit lost. I feel like i can figure out XML myself, but this LUA stuff confuses me.

Thanks guys