View Single Post
02/19/14, 01:27 PM   #17
TopfliteB

Liamwulf, That seems to be a fairly solid build plan you've got there. Decent dps, but I do think you could switch out Purifying Light. I messed around with it last Beta and found it only really useful against a Boss. If you're still fighting a single mob after 6-10 seconds, either it's a Boss or you need to run for the hills. To replace it, I would suggest Uppercut or one of it's morphs from the 2h skill tree. Adds a little CC ability to the build as well as more damage

fishyyy, yeah the 1h build I posted is mere conjecture right now so I don't know how it would fit in with my normal play style, but I do want to keep Vampire Bane in there for some range. I don't now how many times in PvP I'd get an enemy down to very little health and they'd run, only to get a does of that spell right in the back.

As for Total Dark, aye it's more of an anti-magic shield and I considered using Rushed Ceremony or Restoring Aura or one of their morphs in that slot. I'm a fan of Biting Jabs in general, I like it's dps/MP and the interrupt/knockback is nice. I don't see myself putting Focused Charge in there as I wouldn't use 2 charge abilities, but I can see how it would come in handy against a target trying to stay at range.

And yeah, I'm a HUGE fan of Nova and it's morphs too! But for an "up close and personal" off-build I think Crescent Sweep will come in handy. If I need range, I'll switch back to my main skill line and drown the bugger in spells!

In regards to Siege abilities, I didn't use them myself but I did benefit from those others used. Siege Shield does protect from both ranged abilities "ie: spells, bows and staffs" as well as Siege Equipment. It is vulnerable though to enemies waling through it and wailing on you.

And Ultimate Points charge per damage AND healing that is done :P