View Single Post
07/02/18, 03:13 PM   #23
ZOS_DanBatson
ZOS Staff!

Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for the feedback! I have another question, then I'll give a bit more info:

Can you provide me with some numbers on how big your addon's saved var files typically are? As many real examples as you can give me. If you know someone else's I'll take that too. I'm trying to get an idea of what's small, what's large, and what's typical.

As for the feedback, I can tell you that performance is a big focus here, and we will be trying a number of different avenues to ensure we aren't causing spikes. You're not the only ones concerned about that, believe me it's on our minds too. We may look into using some of your suggestions for that, as well.

As for auto on vs auto off, assuming performance is under control, a key to this feature is that not every addon developer is going to think or remember to enable this, nor will the many addons that are fully functional but not maintained anymore. We want this to help as many people as possible while not causing issues. We will strike that balance between speed and size to find a way to allow the most number of addons to leverage it. And priority saving will always be available to those whose addon is too beefy to do it automatically but they still want to save.