View Single Post
05/18/22, 08:19 AM   #8
Sharlikran

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by buerzn View Post
I installed Votan and all its dependencies on addons and libs but the pins do not appear on my map, thank you in advance
Originally Posted by tim99 View Post
on a side note....dont you have to fish/find them first, so the addon can remember later?
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
I did not provide that in detail and just answered "Read the addon description"
With everything said, did you read the description page for the mod? It does not come with pin locations. Destinations and Map Pins has some but whether or not they are sufficient is only the result of volunteers providing the information. Which most users want the information to already be there and do not want to take the time to provide it.

Because of that you should expect that any mod displaying a pin on the map, the pin needs to be collected by the player before it will show up unless otherwise specified.

For some mods like Quest Map I don't know how explicit it is and I don't feel like updating it but it does come with the quest locations for the pins. It won't automatically have them for new zones right away after a new Chapter. (It could though) So that that is something to consider also. If a mod says users do not have to find the pins themselves it may only have pins for previous chapters and it may not be very through because that is dependent on volunteers providing the information.