View Single Post
07/24/22, 11:51 AM   #11
hilarityensues
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Just following up on this thread in case anybody arrives here from a search.

1. The root issue I had where only a small amount of items were being returned from LibHistoire was actually a result of my TTC integration attempt. LibHistoire was delivering all the items but when I asked TTC what the values were it would return `nil` which I then passed along to the saved variables that make that row `nil` and not appear. So I introduced handling for `nil` values for both MasterMerchant and TTC and problem is solved.

2. For retrieving the data from LibHistoire, I ended up using `SetNextEventCallback`instead of `SetEventCallback`. This is because the `SetNextEventCallback` will keep the response from Libhistoire ordered and allows for retrieving from specific time ranges easier and duplicates to handle. There appears to be a risk in missing events however from the LibHistoire documentation so I may reverse this decision as I understand more how it works.

3. I also ended up using the LibHistoire GetKey() function to find the last saved event for update and to handle potential duplicates. This eliminates the need to write a function to assess guild trader flips to establish start times for data pulls.

To review the code (still a work in progress), it is here: Github: esoGuildBookkeeper

Thanks again @Sharlikran!