Thread: AddOn Profiles
View Single Post
05/11/14, 09:57 AM   #6
CatoTheElder
Originally Posted by heyguyslol View Post
Well yes that is your opinion but not really conducive to this thread. There are lots of ppl creating great addons that are new to it and yes some are poorly written but you are bound to get a few poorly written addons when you use so many. Simply expecting everyone to write a perfect addon is flat out delusional imo. Even some of the most experienced addon writters have problems with their addons just look at wykkyds addons they have lots of problems.
Sorry I wasn't clear, let me try again. You're a ****ing idiot. Stop running so many addons that makes your game lag "even with a beast pc", or at least don't complain about it.

It isn't that I'm against the idea of add-on profiles... I'll probably look at making that in the future, if there isn't one out by the time I get around to it.

Its primarily the attitude of accepting and justifying poor quality work without providing feedback. I would agree it would be delusional to expect efficient and non-conflicting addons, if we were working for a software company with publicly traded shares, that was primarily concerned with quarterly revenue, releasing knowingly incomplete and untested code for sale. I've done that for years, but now I own a private software company, where I can write highly optimized, good quality software.

Now, if everyone took your attitude, the developers would not even know of the problems you are having. They'd never have a chance to fix them, or learn how the problems happen, and how to avoid them in the future. Effectively, you're limiting their capability to better themselves as a developer, resulting in continued creation of poor quality releases due to lack of experience, and asking others to help you do that.

Contrary to your radical assertion about everyone writing perfect addons, what I expect is users to report the problems they're having (in as much detail as possible), and developers to keep their addons working well.