View Single Post
11/01/22, 11:06 AM   #3
Sharlikran

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Lykeion View Post
Is it possible to have an addon that maps the language used by other addons to B when it detects a language environment of A?
The simple answer is no. You can make your own personal mod create strings and use ZO_CreateStringId(key, value) and SafeAddVersion(key, 1) to override localization but you can not completely override a mods functionality to display the language.

For me if it's any of my mods that I support/maintain then I have a GitHub for all of them. Just make a pull request.

What is the language? Do you just translate mods or are have you modified the UI itself as well?

I for one don't approve of unofficial translations where somebody has uploaded mods by myself or other authors to an unknown site that people go to download the mod because it has the special localization in it. The Unofficial Polish translation used to have files included with an exe installer that would overwrite an author's mods and I don't approve of that process either. Both methods usually use outdated versions of the mod.

Last edited by Sharlikran : 11/01/22 at 11:21 AM.