View Single Post
04/10/14, 12:14 PM   #3
Xrystal
caritas omnia vincit

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Thanks Shinni,

I deliberately removed the _G[] around the pinTypes on the 2 functions that used it to see if it triggered an error but it didn't which I was quite surprised with. I will make the appropriate changes and see the result.

Admittedly at present the pinType isn't exactly unique, but it shouldn't be affecting anything else I have loaded seeing as no other pins with the basic tradeskill names seem to exist. Obviously I would prefix it to make it unique.

The pinManager part was confusing me but I will try to re-introduce it into my code and see if it improves things.

Thanks for letting me know what is in the resizeCallback function. At present all my callbacks do is refresh the pins regardless of what happened. The reason being is that at present I am throwing the data straight into the pin table as a quick test on how this all works. Obviously in the real scenario I would have the drawCallback re-read the saved variable data and place the appropriate information into the pin table for use by the pin manager.

I think I went over zealous with what looked like layout data after looking at your code comments so I set up some default values to use. Maybe not a good idea. Will revert back to level and texture and see how that works.

Other than that I think I am square with the code now and if anything the revisiting of the code and rewriting I have done has helped me see what is what.

Your help is much appreciated. I will have to make these changes later on and will report the results. Crossing fingers it will resolve my problems and I can move onto the next TODO on my list of things for my gatherer addon.