View Single Post
04/11/22, 05:46 AM   #5
remosito
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by haggen View Post
You could use a variable to flag the drag start on MouseDown, and flag the drag stop on MouseUp, and MouseEnter to flag where you're dropping it. No idea if it actually works but that's the breakdown of a Drag+Drop.

I'll risk the necromancing bounty

Thanks Haggen!

I just used this method to rearrange the order of displayed cells/lines of information in my GUI window with drag and drop...
(Edit: I am not moving the labels around btw....just what information what label displays..if that makes sense...)
So can confirm this approach works.

(I use OnMouseExit as well to track if we are currently outside allowed target zone. To cancel DandD if dragged outside my window)

It's kinda blind though. As it doesn't have the usual visual help of semitransparent object_on_the_move...

Thinking on simulating it by changing BG color of "cells" the user is moving over (using mouseenter/exit). Plus maybe source "cell" green/red bg depending if current target is valid or not. So user knows it would execute or cancel the drag and drop.

anyway...

was searching for drag and drop and pretty much the only thing I found. Then wondered if it even works...so future searchers will know..it does..

Edit: never tried circonian method... read into a bit but had the fear it was limited to inventory and skill stuff... mine are just labels....

Last edited by remosito : 04/11/22 at 05:50 AM.