View Single Post
10/17/15, 10:37 PM   #1
antihax
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Lightbulb Introducing: ESO Market Data Relay

Hello Folks!
Alpha download available here.
I have been working the last few weeks on a replication of EMDR (Eve Market Data Relay) for ESO. I am currently around alpha on the relay and looking for feedback. My focus now is verifying the data formats and working on an example site (http://www.antihax.net) on what is possible using the data. In a few days I hope to have the addon and uploader packaged for alpha testing.

What Is This?!
Short version; the data relay allows users to automatically upload market data as they observe it in game. Developers can connect to the relay and receive data in real time as the users change zone, /reloadui, logout, or quit game.

What's the point?
To allow third party development of market related apps and sites to flourish through shared interest which in turn creates useful tools and resources for players such as:
  • finding complete itemsets for sale on the market across zones,
  • finding the cheapest items for sale,
  • data for users without access to large trade guilds,
  • finding the best items to trade telvar/AP for gold,
  • understanding market volumes for specific items in various areas, etc.
  • finding the best gear for your build without running around.
  • third party REST API for google sheets or other sites to further help developers (i.e. http://eve-marketdata.com/developers/index.php or https://eve-central.com/home/develop.html)
  • etc, etc.

What do you need?
To start, i will need testers and other developer's ideas and thoughts to build upon work already done.

I'm Interested, what do i do?
Contact me in game @croakroach or reply with constructive feedback.

Checkout the code below
  1. example site code - Most of the work around the relay is in the datarelayconsumer. Written in Go but zmq is available for most languages.
  2. Addon and Uploader Lua and C#.
  3. Master/Relay code - Down the road we will need more relay operators to provide redundancy and regionalization. Written in Go.

FAQ
  • What about stale data?
    We can work out from other uploads and age of items about how stale they are. Also we know the expiration of items for sale. More people uploading, fresher data.
  • Why would people contribute?
    Because it benefits them to. I.e. how many addon developers have fielded questions about features that this will provide?
  • Wont this destroy the market and drive down prices?
    Not really, having been involved with markets in many other games i see the same thing over and over: people pay extra to save time, make mistakes, are misinformed, or are just plain lazy. Those who search out the deals will still find them.
  • What about duplicates?
    The developer receiving the data is responsible for handling duplicates; the uploader will intentionally send duplicate data between sessions by design. This is so if anyone connects to the relay late, they will not miss much data and will have a complete set within a short amount of time. This also provides a method of detecting freshness of data, allowing sold items to become stale.

Last edited by antihax : 02/28/16 at 08:13 AM.