View Single Post
06/18/15, 03:35 PM   #5
Phinix

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Werewolf Finds Dragon View Post
I would also advise not using obviously fallacious arguments and appeals to the crowd. I suspect that the people around here are smarter than that. I mean, honestly, including 'addon development' in bold as a gameplay style? Really now?

I would have empathised with your desire for PvP more if your post weren't so acerbic, demanding, egotistical, and self-entitled.
What aspect of the argument specifically did you find fallacious and acerbic, demanding, egotistical, and self-entitled? I changed "addon development" being bolded if that is what hung you up, though I do spend more of my (paid sub) time writing addons than I do playing. I also bolded the important point which you appear to have skimmed over:

IF you decide to START applying yourself and dedicate a REASONABLE amount of time at it, there is a perception and fact that you can catch up.
This was never an argument to "make all play styles equal" which you appear to have taken it as. This was quite obviously (to me) about having the choice to CHANGE play style mid-stride and be able to catch up and be competitive in a reasonable amount of time (rather than an ever-widening LINEAR GAP) like in most other MMO's.

By "linear" I mean that the longer you spend not grinding, the more time you will have to spend grinding to catch up and be competitive. You are punished for a diverse play style in a directly proportional way without some catch-up method like other games, and that is simply BAD DESIGN.

Even their own devs have said so, and indicated they are working on changes.

Speaking of fallacious and egotistical:

That shows just how -- frankly -- spoiled MMO gamers have become, where they feel as they are are by right of birth assured to be able to enjoy an MMO in whatever way they deem desirable.
If that isn't a Non Sequitur, Ad Hominem argument I don't no what is. No one is claiming to deserve anything "by right of birth." No one is even making any demands. All I said was, that a catch-up method is required to prevent a linear power gap causing imbalance in competitive PVP. Not sure how you read into that one.

Your entire argument is a Straw Man logical fallacy in that my point was never about "overhauling PVP" as you argue at some length. That is merely your misrepresentation (or honest misinterpretation?) or my position.

Really, much of your argument seems based in the general Rules of Disinformation (whether intended or second nature). See, I am giving you the benefit of the doubt in parenthesis!

You also resort to base Ad Hominem attacks at several points, but I'll let that slide because "frankly my dear, I don't give a damn!"

Also...

No game should ever appeal to all playstyles.

One last point. I never meant to imply that I feel making addons to be a "waste of time" in itself. I enjoy making addons, otherwise I wouldn't do it. HOWEVER, I DO feel that it leaves me behind the curve of ever hoping to be competitive in this game as unlike others there is no real way to catch up to the 24/7 grinder crowd.

Last edited by Phinix : 06/18/15 at 03:39 PM.