View Single Post
04/28/14, 04:13 AM   #1
DerVagabund
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Too many Anchors processed - how to avoid this?

Hello,

since my latest update it seems that my addon in combination with others, which have a lot of GUI components, my cause this error.

Originally Posted by Mitosuke
I've just found and installed your wonderful add-on and I am also getting the same "Too many Anchors processed" error that some others are experiencing. I played around with enabling and disabling certain combos of add-ons to try and find some sort of incompatibility. It looks to me like an 'achor' limit/cap that the game allows? The error disappears when I disabled Wykkyd's Framework, (I tested with this because I believe it uses a fair amount of anchors). As soon as I re-enabled it, the error was back. If I disable several other anchor using add-ons I can get the error to disappear too. I currently have 13 add-ons installed, not counting this one.
As you can see, in this example if he uses Wykkyd's Framework and my addon this error occurs.

The problem is, in my latest version I added 200 checkboxes in order to allow a very detailed level of ingredients filtering. I thought about how to avoid this, but aside from using a pure textual representation I could thought of no way to avoid having at least each element as a GUI element, thus I need at least 1 Anchor for each item.

Does anyone have any idea how I can efficiently present a list of items and not use Anchors for each item?

If this is not possible, I really need to scrap my new user interface and revert back to textual representation.

Btw., at the moment I implemented these 200 Checkboxes with the LibAddonMenu - could this be the source of the problem? Or do we just reach a global maximum number of handlers allowed for all addons combined? Does anyone have some thoughts on this?

Thanks for your help,
best regards,
DV