View Single Post
05/20/14, 09:01 PM   #7
Zebular
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
If you go to the desktop and pull up your C: drive and then search like this (see attached) nothing shows up?

I'm guessing then some how the .minion folder is being saved in a hidden system folder where windows wont search. Minion won't work with out a minion.xml, its not possible so its hiding somewhere.

We are rolling out an update have Minion delete the .minion folder on uninstall. Maybe we need to add a tool in the app to have it show you where its located too since its not being put where it should be on a few peoples systems.
Yep, I get no results. I have the folder options set to show system and hidden files. I also checked the Search Tools option to look in System folders.

I even took what you said about it not running without the .xml so I searched my registry for minion and could not find any registry entries for the .xml or the .log file. Was hoping that there'd be a registry entry that shows the location for the file but the only results were of my download of the install program, and the installation and uninstalltion registry values.

I'll see if I can find something to do a better search than windows's built in search. You're probably on to something about windows not searching everywhere though.