View Single Post
07/01/21, 05:58 PM   #5
Sharlikran

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by worldwideweirdo View Post
Dear Sharlikran,

We've received an AddOn bug report from users, which is that the game client crashes when a user deletes a (chat) text by pressing the backspace key. After collecting the reports and reproducing the problem several times, we figured out that the crashing has started to occur after the Blackwood update (we're not sure it started right after the update), and in the latest version of our addon, of which your kind advice has been applied, the client always crashes whenever a text is deleted. In our older version, there is a random chance to crash when a text is deleted.

In the older version, according to our tests, the number of letters deleted at once (selected block) in a text does not affect the odds of crashing, but every deleting behavior (using backspace key) is suspected to lead to the chance of crashing, regardless of the deleted length.

We suspect one of the recent patches since the Blackwood update is the culprit. Something related to manipulate Unicode might have been changed at the patch. We managed to keep maintaining our addon's source code but the main developer had been retired so it's not viable to have support from the developer, such as debugging in deep levels. Could we ask you some advice related to the issue, if you had any? Any help or advice from you will be greatly appreciated.
Sorry I am not sure. Deleting things in chat should not cause an issue. I will look into it over the weekend. I am also not really sure it is the addon either. So I don't know, but I will take a look.

Last edited by Sharlikran : 07/01/21 at 06:04 PM.