View Single Post
07/11/21, 04:16 AM   #4
DoonerSeraph
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
This cannot be solved via addons if the API is not providing the information.

You can use the WishList subforum here at the forum to request better API or event data for the companions and ZOs will maybe add/enhance them.
But you should make sure it's not any event filter you have added or other addon blocking/filtering it, so test with all other addons disabled at best and give exact informtion how to reproduce this.
You can also ask a question to the ZOs dev supporter over here, before craeting this thread. Maybe he isable to tell you already if this is a bug, intended and will/wont be changed (due to server performance etc.):
https://gitter.im/esoui/esoui
Thanks for the tip, @Baertram! Yup, just tested without any addons except for that hook, and the result remains the same. I asked a question at Gitter

Originally Posted by andy.s View Post
EVENT_EFFECT_CHANGED should provide unit ids for everything that has a tag (but I don't have companions). At least this is how all addon devs have been getting unit ids for group members and bosses all these years.
That does make sense, but it looks like EVENT_EFFECT_CHANGED is more designed to track buff, debuffs, etc on a unit, but does not track straight damage skills like Crag Smash. Without knowing when my companion casts it, it would be impossible to track it's cooldown, right?