View Single Post
10/28/15, 09:19 AM   #3
dopiate
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Ayantir View Post
What this program does ? I looked at code and this thing seems to do.. nothing.
If your addon is ready for API 100013

you can add this to your text manifest, ## FastAPI : 100013 .... It can be done now

and when the patch comes out - the user can run the program and it will update the manifest to 100013, remove "## FastAPI : 100013" .... users don't have to wait for those developers that don't have API version 100013 already in their latest release.

It checks for the current API Version in AddOnSettings.txt before i commit to do anything.

You probably already have set the API to 100013 but not all devs do that.

This way they can add that string and when the patch comes out - users can safely update the API version so it doesn't show out of date.

Right now, it will do nothing as the current API version in AddonSettins.txt is 10002.

Does that help clear it up?

It's up to users and developers to either use it or not. I was just an idea I had to make thing easier.

For all I know it could never get adopted by anyone but I enjoyed programming it.

-d

Was my explanation that bad?

download the program, put it in root of Addons, add "## FastAPI : 100013" to an addon, change AddonSettins.txt to the new api and run the program. Then you will see what it does.

Last edited by dopiate : 10/28/15 at 09:25 AM.