View Single Post
10/14/20, 11:21 AM   #1
veckler
Addons are working but they have no settings

Hello everyone!

Yesterday I did a clean install of Windows 10, and to save some time I copied the ESO folder to an external HDD (also the one in the documents folder). After I finished setting up Windows, I copied the game back to the internal SSD.

I launched the game, it was running fine, then logged out, and extracted my addons in the correct folder (I had them in a zip).

I launched the game again, and seemingly the addons are working, but with a few exceptions they have no settings menus. These exceptions are: Votan's Minimap, Votan's Map Pins and Votan's Group Pins. These 3 are located in the Add-Ons menu (the one with the hyphen). But in the AddOns menu (without the hyphen) I can only see InventoryGridView.

Since then I ran the ESO Installer, repaired the game files, deleted every addon and then installed them through minion, checked multiple times if minion is set to the correct folder, which I believe it is, because the screenshots I attached were automatically saved there.

The only thing I haven't tried yet is doing a clean reinstall of ESO, because it could take a while and this case got me kind of curious.

The one thing I'm suspicious about is the path to the addon folder slightly changed (and I'm only suspicious because it is not a clean ESO install).
It used to be:
C:\Users\Veckler\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns

And now it is:
C:\Users\veckl\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns

That is because Microsoft hates me, and I couldn't install Windows only with a local account anymore, I was forced to do it with my MS account, so it slapped the beginning of my email address on the user folder.

Since my screenshots are bigger than 2MB, I posted them here
https://imgur.com/a/UPg5tF7