View Single Post
02/19/16, 08:34 AM   #15
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
correct me if i was wrong on these.
You are right.
The check checks if the food buff expired (and was not renewed), and throws the alert then if no food buff is active. This check is done every n seconds (specified in the settings with that slider)
-> The check is independent from the event

The event will only be triggered if an active food buff expires or new food buff will be consumed.

Both, the check and the event, use the alert to show inactive food buff then to the user, including a text message in the chat if enabled in the settins.

And question : are these new settings for the check only (as in : they will do nothing if the chat output is out) or are they for both the check and the alert?
I suppose they are for both... but i rather be sure.
The new settings just change the behaviour of the repeated check (which changes the alert then passively as it is executed by the check):
If the setting was set to "Only inside group dungeons" and "Only in PvE/Non-AvA region" the check will be still excuted every n seconds.
But if the user is not inside this region + dungeon (e.g. he is solo questing somewhere in the PvP/AvA region) the alert won't be shown to him.