View Single Post
09/09/22, 11:48 PM   #2
Masteroshi430

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by TagCdog View Post
Hi All,

I actively run ~250 addons (including libraries) and think they all add to my ESO experience. My issue is that it can take 2-5+ minutes per character to load into the game. In addition, the game regularly crashes to the login screen when loading a character or logging out.

If I clear out my saved variables folder, the crashes when logging in/out usually stop for a time at the expense of setting up a lot of my addon settings again.

If I disable all my addons, the game rarely (if ever) crashes and my load times are very fast at the expense of playing vanilla ESO.

Is there some generic help to resolve the crashing and load times, or is that the burden I am taking on by using so many addons?

Thanks!
Some addons write a lot of things in the saved variables, I recently triggered a "loading forever" situation by spamming infos in the chat (to me not to other users) because the addon pChat saves all your recent chat messages. The pChat saved variables file was 4790266 lines long and I had to edit it to avoid resetting my pChat settings.

I know LibHistoire also saves a lot of data, there's also a plethora of GSxxData.lua files which are from AwesomeGuildStore I think...

Maybe you can check your SavedVariables folder and order files by descending size and you will then know which addons increase your loading times the most.