Thread: Librarian
View Single Post
04/17/14, 04:59 PM   #16
Flamage

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by ilmarine View Post
Hi,

So i have the latest version of Librarian and about 250 books which means the books file is quite large. Every time I try to log out or quit the game the time it takes is either very long or my whole system freezes completely. When I remove Librarian addon, everything is quick and snappy. I have included my database for you to check out and test.
I was worried that this might become an issue as libraries get larger. The fact that the game needs to load and save the entire library at game login/logout isn't very efficient. I'll begin looking into methods of making this process faster, but any gains in that area may be hard-earned, so for the moment, you'll just have to bear with me. Sorry about that . I might be able to defer loading of the saved variables until after the login process has completed, but if that causes the game to freeze once you have loaded in that's arguably worse than having a longer loading time.

Originally Posted by Vez View Post
Can you add an option to turn off the lore book/level up alert when a book is added to the library?
I knew someone wouldn't like the new alert Sure, I'll add in an option to toggle between the new alert and the old method that just logged something to chat.