View Single Post
04/21/14, 04:11 PM   #3
Darth VeX

First off, I'm not currently playing the game, but I am excited for it to come to consoles as most of my game-playing friends are console players so that's why I decided to wait and play the game with them.

1. I get this, but as with all MMORPG's, MMO comes first, RPG comes second ... it's just the way of things. Min/Maxing is the benefit you get for pre-ordering, so of course the average player is going to choose the best race for what they intend to build, not necessarily what makes the most sense from an RP-standpoint.

2. I kind of think the class system was added in less for balance and more to give the game some more replay value, without it, the only skills you wouldn't be able to eventually have would be racial skills ... which means eventually every character would be capable of nearly everything if given enough time to play and level up skills. Realistically, most of the best skills are in the class skill lines, and by giving some separation, those players who want to experience all the game has to offer will have to create at least 4 characters to experience all four classes and their skills. I think it was smart on the developers part to add this system somewhat for balance, but mostly for replay value.

3. I'm not really sure what your issue is? I think the current system makes sense logically.

4. When I heard that Necromancy wasn't going to be included at launch, it really only made me think one thing = "Ahh, so they're holding it back for an expansion pack?!?!" It just seems like this would be a fairly obvious thing to hold back for an expansion/DLC.