View Single Post
03/11/14, 05:12 PM   #4
Xrystal
caritas omnia vincit

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Tell me about it, took me over 3 hours to get that reading through the table code working. That's when I realised there is a session version of the data ( the variable ) and the full version of the data. Boy did I milk my access, went to bed almost 5am that morning and got 3 hrs sleep rofl.

Some parts of the code I posted I obviously haven't tested to know they work for sure but have coded based on the stuff I have worked out so far and theorised. But it should be enough to not error out but I couldn't identify the actual combination of functions to use to validate if you are allowed to invite as there doesn't seem to be a CanGuildInvite() function to use, so I have assumed that you were creating your own guild and were writing the addon to autoinvite your friends etc based on character names they are hoping/will eventually use in the game.

I am assuming DisplayName is the character name you see in game rather than the accountName you get to see when you chat to your friends or guild members. So you may find you need some tweaking to get the info in/out you want.