View Single Post
06/18/15, 12:29 PM   #4
sirinsidiator

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
This sounds great!
One question about the COMBAT_EVENTS though. Right now there are different ways for how the death of a unit is reported.

Currently there are three action results that are related to a unit death.
  • ACTION_RESULT_DIED does sometimes get fired when I kill an NPC but I don't see a pattern here
  • ACTION_RESULT_DIED_XP is fired always when I kill a NPC, but not when one dies by the hands of another player after I damaged it
  • ACTION_RESULT_KILLING_BLOW gets fired when I kill a player, and also when a player that I damaged respawns (with empty skill name argument), but not when a player dies at the hands of another player after I damaged them
Maybe you can adjust this so that there is always an event when a unit dies, regardless of who got the killing blow?
I want to add killed and assisted messages to sidWarTools, but currently it is not really possible to do it in a reliable way.
Ideally there would be three separate action results for a killing blow, when I hit the target and someone else killed it and maybe - unless it is a bug and should be removed - when the target respawns.

EDIT: did some more testing and corrected what I wrote about ACTION_RESULT_DIED

Last edited by sirinsidiator : 06/18/15 at 01:58 PM.