View Single Post
06/30/18, 04:33 PM   #14
Dolgubon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by votan View Post
There are repeatable actions and non-repeatable events.
repeatable action: Checkbox in the settings: Worse case: User has to do it again. => Can be handled like now.
non-repeatable event: Completing a quest: Worse case: Gone forever. => Should be saved soon.
As another example:

Craft 5 legendary items with the set crafter. Worst case: They make it again and lose 300k because that wasn't saved. A similar issue would exist with Writ Worthy, especially since some people do a large amount of them.

As another request, would it be possible to have the Save Request function return a value letting the add-on know if the save request has been approved?

Also, it would be great if an add-on could call it twice a few minutes apart, but then have an even longer cooldown. My use case here is actually with the set crafter/writ crafter. If a player adds an item to the queue (saved vars) then they will probably make it pretty quickly after. If it's just the one save request, then I'd save it for the actual crafting, but if it's possible to have two it would be nice to also have it save after a large amount of items are added to the queue. If that's too abusable for you, I'm still excited even for just the one save request option.

I'm seeing a lot of people worried about performance issues from this. How much of a concern is that actually? Maybe if an add-on's saved vars table is less than x amount the game can do default of auto saving, but if it has more than x amount of values it defaults to the current behaviour. Or even just make the 'reasonable' amount of time very short. Depending on the reasonable amount of time chosen, I don't see why there should be an issue with performance, in PvP, trials, or not.