View Single Post
12/04/20, 12:57 AM   #2
Shadowfen
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Sidney View Post
Hello,

I have had the add-on "Khajiit Speak" (https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...jiitSpeak.html) since it came out and even when I've taken 2 year breaks from the game, it's always the first add-on I make sure I have despite that it hasn't been updated in years. It's actually worked pretty until today. Sometimes it's a bit wrong in the new DLC's and quests but not to the point I'd uninstall it.

Twice today I've gotten UI errors and I'm hoping it's just a fluke but I'm thinking it may be on it's last legs. Would anyone be willing and able to either resurrect this add-on, or create a new one?

Thank you!
Its problem is likely that it is using a VERY old version of LibAddonMenu which is included in the KhajiitSpeak addon.

You can try fixing the problem yourself.
  1. Go to the Addons directory where your addons are installed. (On Windows it's usually at Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\Addons)
  2. Find the KhajiitSpeak directory and look inside there for the files and directories referenced below.
  3. In the KhajiitSpeak.txt file, you would change "OptionalDependsOn: " to "DependsOn: " and delete all of the lines that start with "lib/". Save that.
  4. In the KhajiitSpeak.lua file, search for the line that says
    Code:
    local LAM = LibStub("LibAddonMenu-2.0")
    (at line 1333) and replace it with
    Code:
    local LAM = LibAddonMenu2
  5. Remove the lib directory that has LibStub.lua and a lam directory under it. This is where the very old library is.
  6. Finally, install LibAddonMenu-2.0 from Minion.
Now you should be able to start your game and see if the KhajiitSpeak addon works again.