View Single Post
05/24/17, 05:19 AM   #1
Letho
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
[fixed] Naming inconsistency for orb/spear shards lockout effect

Hey ZOS, I recently noticed that the 20s lockout triggered by using the orb or spear shard synergy seems to have a very inconsistent implementation:

First of all: The lockout it triggered irrespectively of the used syngergy's name, morph and rank => it is always 20 seconds and applied upon using orb or spear shards.

Current implementation:
Each ability's (morph's) rank triggers another unique 20s lasting effect for it, but the naming seems very inconsistent:
  • Spear shards trigger an effect named "Necrotic Orb/Spear shards" that can come in a total of 12 ability IDs (4 for the base ability ranks and 4 for every morph).
  • The orb works this way too, except for the effect is named after the synergy itself ("incineration"? German name is "Verbrennung").

My suggestion:
Based on the fact that ability morph and rank do not matter, why not reduce it to one single effect (= only one ability id) that has a representative name, e.g. "Orb/Spear shards synergy cooldown"? I think the monster mask's procs are implemented that way. This would make things much easier (better overview) and probably reduce the load, too.